The sweltering heat and oppressive humidity of summer may be quite taxing. When it becomes nearly difficult to walk even short distances, the automobile becomes essential. The requirement for an automobile during the summertime underlines and reminds us of the importance of proper upkeep and maintenance.
The more we maintain our vehicle throughout these periods, the longer it will continue to operate optimally. A car owner’s proactive actions can go a long way towards extending and improving the vehicle’s life.
The majority of the months in the United Arab Emirates and other Middle Eastern nations are warm, necessitating greater maintenance for your automobile throughout the year. Today, numerous auto repair shops in Dubai, UAE provide thorough care for your vehicle, including inspections geared at minimising damage caused by overheating and other summer-related difficulties.
Here is some summer car maintenance advice.
Check the air conditioning for enhanced interior cooling. You do not want to be shocked on a summer drive by a malfunctioning air conditioner. Before the summer begins, verify the system and insist on regular inspections during scheduled maintenance.
- Maintain the engine’s temperature by checking the coolant levels. If the engine is cool, the likelihood of your car overheating is diminished. Check for leaks and maintain summer-appropriate coolant levels.
- Increase the longevity of the tyres and reduce overinflation throughout the summer by doing routine air pressure checks. Before embarking on long travels, check the condition of the tyres and maintain the proper air pressure to prevent tyre blowouts.
- Verify that all required fluids are present in the vehicle. Keeping your car moisturised, particularly during the heat, can help prolong its life. Periodically inspect the engine oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, and windscreen washer fluid levels.
- Cleaning or replacing windscreen wipers is frequently disregarded. During the dry summer season, dust, pollen, and other pollutants can readily accumulate on the windscreen due to the arid winds and heat. In addition to obscuring the view outside, they may also cause damage to the windscreen wipers and glass. Replace the windscreen wipers and clean the windows properly during the summer.
- Do you have adequate sunshades for protection? If not, you should get a dashboard and front seat sunshade. Ensure that both the inside and outside of the vehicle are covered by the sun.
- It is highly suggested to clean the air filter. The air filter will become more clogged throughout the hot months. Dust and gravel particles may clog the vehicle’s air filter and cause harm. Air filter inspections should be performed more frequently throughout this season.
- During the summer, it is advisable to wash the vehicle more frequently. Dust, food particles, and other pollutants will adhere to the car’s exterior and interior vents and filters as a result of the outside and interior temperature and humidity. Regular washing and cleaning is the most effective method for preserving a vehicle’s lustre.
In UAE, arid winds, dry terrains, and high temperatures are always challenging for your vehicle. Fortunately, local auto repair firms are qualified to handle such obstacles.
Car Garage Expert is a renowned auto repair company in Dubai, UAE that provides comprehensive maintenance for your automobile. Car Garage Expert’s summer maintenance packages and monthly maintenance packages ensure that you get the most out of your vehicle.
However, if you are particularly diligent and proactive with vehicle maintenance, you may always extend the life of your automobile.